KeyTech Pros are The Key Copy Pros
Keys are notoriously easy to lose, especially if you don’t keep yours on a large key chain. To help prevent you from getting locked out of your home, office or car, it is a good idea to have a set of spare keys made so that you have them ready to go when you need them most. In general, a basic key duplication service is relatively easy to complete, and it typically won’t take much time out of your busy day. Here’s what you need to know.
How Key Duplication Service Works
When you need key duplication, your locksmith will utilize a machine that scans the teeth of your existing key. This way, the key maker can laser cut keys that are exact copies of the originals. This same process can be applied to all types of standard keys, including:
- House keys
- Office keys
- Car keys
- Desk keys
- Motorcycle keys
- RV keys
- Boat keys
- And more.
Transponder keys, chip keys, and other high-security keys are a bit more complicated to duplicate, as they may require programming. However, you can rest assured that our expert locksmiths are up to the task. We’ll program your new key fob to interact with the appropriate computer or reprogram the computer itself to accept a new key as needed.
If you have already lost your keys and don’t have a backup for us to duplicate, that’s fine too. We can scan your lock to determine the key configuration so that we can make your new keys from scratch. We can also create keys by code, using details from the manufacturer of the lock to get the correct layout of the teeth. If necessary, we can rekey your lock so that it takes a different key so that no one can get inside using your old keys.
Key Creation in Lubbock, TX
Let KeyTech Pros create a new key for your old lock. We follow special techniques with our advanced tools for key creation.
How do we work to generate a key?
Our professionals use several methods to fit your first key, such as:
- Key by Code: It is possible if the lock comes with a code number stamped on the lock. We can research the code and try appropriate blanks and cuts. This approach can be problematic because of the various codes manufacturers use.
- Key Generation by Impression: This special method is good for the fitting of a key to one lock.
- Key via Sight Reading: Our skilled locksmiths can look in the lock to decipher the cuts to make a working key.
- Disassembly a Lock: This procedure requires a locksmith to disassemble a lock and decrypt the cuts.
- Key Creation by Progression: Lock manufacturers follow particular rules that allow them to cut part of a key from numerous known cuts and progress these cuts until they successfully open a lock.
- Key Creation by Picking: Particular types of locks are picked with a particular tool and cuts may be discovered by reading the depths on each pick.
These are some methods that we prefer to fit keys while working on a missing key. After properly fitting the lock of a key, we can make several duplicates as needed. Call us today, 806-412-4625.
Where to Get Keys Made
When you are in need of key duplication service in Lubbock, TX and throughout the surrounding areas, you can count on KeyTech Pros. Our clients love us for our affordable rates, fast response times and friendly customer service. All of our locksmiths are certified, registered and insured for your protection, giving you peace of mind that you are in good hands with us. We are also members of 1800unlocks and the Fair Trade Locksmith Directory, so you can have even more confidence that you have made the right choice in working with us.
We are proud to provide mobile locksmith services, making it easier than ever for you to duplicate your car keys or copy your house keys. We’ll send a technician out to your location as quickly as possible to cut or program your new keys for you. Don’t wait until you have lost your existing keys to seek out replacements; get in touch with us today to get your backup keys ready to go.
When It Comes To Locks No One Knows Like KeyTech Pros
We provide local locksmith service to all these areas in West Texas:
Abernathy | Andrews | Brownfield | Buffalo Springs | Crosbyton | Denver City | Dickens | Floydada | Idalou | Lamesa | Levelland | Littlefield | Matador | Morton | Midland | Muleshoe | New Home | Plainview | Post | Ralls | Seagraves | Seminole | Shallowater | Slaton | Snyder | Southland | Tahoka | Tulia | Wolfforth